Frequently Asked Questions:
I am having trouble logging in. How can I find my user name or password?
If you forgot your password, click on "Forgot Password" on the left side of the website. Enter your email address that you use for your login, and an email will be sent to you with your password.
If you forgot your user name, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to find it for you.
I cannot find the items I am looking for.
Problem: You are searching for an item using the Product Search Box, but you are getting too many items returned to you, or there are no results to display. Here are some tips to either narrow your search, or find the hard-to-find items.
- If you know the whole part number, or part of it, enter it into the Search Box.
- If you think you have ordered it before, look at your Past Purchases report and try to find it. You can add items to your cart from your Past Purchases report.
- If you have a package with the part number, type it into the Search Box.
- If there are no search results showing up, try using fewer keywords.
- Rather than typing "1/4 inch 3 flute carbide endmill", try typing "1/4 endmill".
- If there are too many results that show up, you can add more keywords in the Refined Search box to narrow your results.
- Use the Product Category Search method to find exactly what you are looking for.
- Use the Advanced Search option to find more accurate results.
Tips for finding GUHRING items:
The best way to find a specific Guhring item is to type the Series number and size in the product search field. For instance, if you are looking for a Series 5510 drill with a 3.5mm diameter, type "5510 3.5" into the Product Search box. This will show any product with "5510" and "3.5" in the item id or description. In this case, 2 different drills show up: a 3.5mm drill and a 13.5mm drill. The 13.5mm drill shows up because it contains "3.5" in the description, so make sure you select the correct one.
Example for metric sizes: "5510 3.5"
Example for inch sizes: "5510 1/4"
Tips for finding Indexable Inserts:
Descriptions for inserts may vary. Some may have dashes, some may have spaces, and some may have no spaces. The best way to search for them is by using the Product Category Search, or Advanced Search. Here is how you can use advanced search to find inserts:
If you want to see all CNMG 432 TF inserts, use the Advanced Search, and enter the following:
Keyword Contains: "CNMG"
Keyword Contains: "432"
Keyword Contains: "TF"
This will display all CNMG 432 TF inserts whether they say "CNMG-432-TF," "CNMG432TF," or "CNMG 432 TF"
I want to register for the site, but I do not know my customer code. How can I find it?
You may contact a customer service representative at (818)341-9180, or email email@example.com to find your customer code.
I want to register for the site, but I am not currently a PM Industrial Supply Company customer. How can I become one?
You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Company Phone Number
Once we enter your company into our database, we will set you up with a user name and password.
I registered for the website with my customer code, but I still cannot log in. Why?
Although most registrations are approved within minutes or hours, it may take up to a day to approve. You will receive an email confirming your registration as soon as it is approved so you know when you are able to log in. If it has been over 1 day since you registered and you still cannot login, please contact email@example.com.
I noticed an error on the website, who can I report this to?
You can report any errors or make suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are constantly changing and updating our website, so we appreciate any input or suggestions you may have.
How can I convert a quote into an order?
- Make sure you are logged in.
- Click on the "My Account" page
- Click on "Open Quotes"
- Enter the parameters that your quote would be in (if you leave it blank, it will show you every open quote).
- Select the quote you would like to convert to an order
- Click "Add Quote to Cart"
Your quote will now be added to your cart with the correct pricing. You may still add other items to the cart before you checkout.
What is the Shopping List, and how can it be useful for me?
A shopping list can be very helpful for a few reasons.
- If you have certain items that you purchase frequently, you may add them to a shopping list. This saves time when you are looking for the item to add to your cart.
- You may set updifferent shopping lists for different jobs you are running. For instance, if you have a job # abc123, and you require specific tools for this job, you may create a shopping cart called "abc123". You may add as many items to this shopping cart as you need, so next time you need to order anything for that job, you can add the items from your shopping list to your cart.
Creating a Shopping List:
- Click on "Shopping Lists" on the top right of the website
- In the "Create a New List" box, type the name of the list you want to create, and click "Submit."
Adding items to a Shopping List:
- Find an item using any of the search methods.
- Enter the quantity you would like in the "Quantity" box
- Click "Add to List"
- Select the list from the "Existing Lists" dropdown box, and click "Submit."
If you have a question that we have not answered, please email email@example.com. Thank you.